The term ‘Victory Shipping Pte. Ltd.’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Victory Shipping Pte Ltd, 300 Beach Road, #25-05, The Concourse, Singapore 199555. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Singapore, and laws of other relevant jurisdictions.
- Email Disclaimer
Email correspondence contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.
- Code of Corporate Conduct
At Victory Shipping we are committed to acting ethically, lawfully and with integrity. We expect our colleagues to uphold these principles and values in everything we do. It’s the only way we think business should be done and we take a strong approach to anything which may challenge this. Operating internationally we recognise our colleagues need the right information and support to consistently live the values and principles of our commitment. Our Code of Conduct applies to everyone at Victory Shipping, from the Board to the newest member of our team, and extends to our clients, suppliers and consultants. Our Code provides each of us with guidance on how to apply these commitments in the way we work. We expect everyone to embrace both the spirit and the letter of our Code and policies in the way they work. Handling relationships ethically, lawfully and with integrity doesn’t stop at our colleagues; we expect this of anyone who works with or on behalf of Victory Shipping. We are proud of what we have achieved since Victory’s inception by practicing these values. Each and every one of us needs to be committed to helping us continue to build on our success. By continuing to live by our principles and values and following the guidance in this Code, we can increase our customer’s confidence in our services, achieve our potential and secure a sustainable future. The difference is down to all of us.
OUR CODE GIVES US FREEDOM TO SUCCEED BY :
- Treating everyone with dignity and respect and respecting diversity across our global team to create a positive culture and inclusive working environment
- Ensuring an environment where people are safe at work and that respects equal opportunities, where we incentivise, reward and recognise people solely on their ability to perform and excel in their role
- Equipping our people with the information to confidently make the right business decisions
OUR CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY CODE INSPIRES US TO ACT BY :
- Selection of CSR partners across communities in multiple countries.
- Managing our charitable donations with accountability and transparency.
- Actively valuing our environment by minimising adverse impacts from our operations and promoting more sustainable solutions & practices in line with UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Being a positive, active contributor in our diverse communities through a range of interactions and team activities to better care for all our immediate stakeholders.
OUR CODE DELIVERS EXCELLENCE IN ALL WE DO BY :
- Creating information people can trust
- Endeavour to reach beyond the standards of the industry
- Encouraging feedback, so we can quickly handle any issues or breaches to protect our people, business and reputation
HOW WE WORK WITH EACH OTHER
As an international firm, that relies on the ideas, talents and contributions of every colleague in order to succeed, working together is critically important.
DIGNITY AND RESPECT
We are committed to upholding a professional, positive, inclusive and safe workplace, treating all colleagues with dignity and respect in a harassment-free environment. We do not tolerate discrimination and we will not tolerate retaliation in any form against anyone for raising concerns or reporting what they genuinely believe to be improper, unethical or inappropriate behaviour. We recognise and respect the individual right to freedom of expression, and believe it is crucial in developing creative information, deepening knowledge and sharing ideas.
To grow as a business and deliver the services our customers expect, we must recruit and retain a pool of colleagues that is international, with a range of skills, with diverse experiences and contributions. We make hiring and role progression decisions based solely on relevant qualifications and merit.
- Human Rights
Slavery still exists in the 21st century, and can take various forms, affecting people of all ages, gender and races. Someone is in slavery if they are subject to:
- forced work – through mental or physical threat
- bonded labour through the use of bond or debt
- being owned or controlled by an ‘employer’
- being dehumanised, treated as a commodity or bought and sold as ‘property’
- physical constraints or have restrictions placed on their freedom of movement
- human trafficking, or any form of child labour. We seek to continually develop our understanding of the risk of modern slavery, and aim to operate our business and supply chain free from those concerns. We remain vigilant to these conditions and be sure to carefully select our suppliers and business partners, conducting appropriate due diligence when needed, and make regular checks on key risk areas and geographies in which we operate to help protect human rights.
- Trace certification
We have adopted the TRACE International Code of Conduct which is available on request at [email protected]